Fat slug in Monsters Inc
When watching movies you might not always notice all the little things that the director wanted you to; all the subtle advertising injections or details that give the movie depth. This is even true in animated films such as Monsters Inc.. RIPT T-shirts takes you inside 61 of the fun hidden details and fun facts in this 2001 animated comedy.
The film stars two monsters who work for a company named Monsters, Inc.: top scarer Sulley and his one-eyed assistant and best friend, Mike Wazowski. Monsters generate their city’s power by scaring children, but they are terribly afraid themselves of being contaminated by children, so when one enters Monstropolis, Sulley finds his world disrupted.
Monsters Inc. has become a hit for all ages and its characters have been on merchandise such as posters, iPhone cases, in games, and even on some cool Monsters Inc. T-shirts.
61 Facts about Monsters Inc
- The Hidden Cafe is the name of a real restaurant in the San Francisco area which had been a favorite with Pixar’s animators, including director Pete Docter, since the early ’90s.
- The barber shop in Monstropolis, Pete’s Barber Shop, is named for Director Pete Docter. In the window there are signs that advertise such services as claw wax, mange management, scale polish and flea dip.
- When Sully and Mike are walking to work, there is a sign on the store that says expresso, capuccino, and diesel and the next store is a “grossery” store not a grocery store.
- There are three types of cereal boxes in Mike and Sully’s apartment. They are Kreature Krisp, Prickly Puffs, and Dirt Clods. The list of ingredients includes bile, sweat & tears, sugar, artificial colors and shrimp!
- Every time there is a shot of the Monsters Inc. lobby, there is a character sitting on a chair waiting. He’s a linen and towel salesman with samples in his briefcase. Throughout the film he is waiting for an appointment.
- Watch in the opening scene with the simulation room. Under the bed of the fake boy, there are two blocks, it’s clearly “M. and I.” for Monsters, Inc.
- The restaurant that Mike and Celia go to on a date, is really a name from one of the filmmakers.
- The restaurant is named “Harryhausen’s” for Ray Harryhausen who was known for making “monster” movies.
- In Monsters, Inc., near the end of the film, Boo and Sully are in Boo’s room, and Boo hands Sully some toys. One of the toys is Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl from Toy Story 2.
- There are 3 million doors in the scene where Mike, Sully, Randall, and Boo are traveling through the “storage room.”
- In the movie Monsters Inc. near the end, Sulley throws Randall through a closet door into the human world. The place he ends up is the trailer that was in Bug’s Life, and the Pizza Planet truck from Toy Story is parked out front.
- One of the monsters can camouflage himself, and at one point he blends in with sky/cloud wallpaper from Andy’s room.
- When Sulley does the comedy scene where he is entertaining the little boy near the end of the movie, there is a Tommorowland poster on the wall behind the boy’s bed...
You might also like
Rubie's Costume Noah's Ark Pinky Winky Monster Romper Costume, Pink, 12-18 Months
Apparel (Rubies Costumes - Apparel)